1. Dreams do come true. Travelling to New York with one of my soul sisters was a fantasy turned reality. I had always dreamed of going to the Big Apple and we made it happen! It was over a year in planning and saving but we went through with it. I learnt loads from this experience including the importance of always having something to look forward to. You can read more about what I learnt here.
2. The more you trust your gut, the better you will be. This has been an ongoing lesson for me, but as a grow I gain trust in my intuition. Usually, if something doesn’t feel right, it probably isn’t. This is especially true when it comes to mother intuition. Before my second son got diagnosed with Slow Transit Constipation I knew something was wrong and had a suspicion it was a muscle problem, not diet related. But with no proof it was 15 hard months of no answers; bub not putting on weight, sleepless nights, hospital visits, diets and even ‘he will grow out of it’ before we finally got the correct diagnosis. Please mummies, trust yourselves more and keep persisting if something is not right.
3. It is OK to put your wellbeing first. I am a massive people pleaser and have suffered majorly in the past because of it. This year I learnt the importance of boundaries and whilst we must always be kind at act from love, this doesn’t mean we have to put up with bullshit either.
4. That grief is a funny old thing. That it will have you bedridden, eating your emotions, and crying because you found an old tea towel of your mum’s. It will also make you stronger, leave you with the lesson that now is all you truly have, and a deeper sense of self purpose.
5. That I need the ocean. This year I have spent more time close to the water than ever before. I am now aware of what salty water, waves and sand does for my soul. Kinda sucks I live inland but thanks to a caravan and annex at the south coast, this originally non-beachy gal is now walking around barefoot with wet hair 🙂
What have you learnt in 2015? What are you hoping for in 2016? Let me know by leaving a comment!